Subscribe button added, Vanessa's blog, and a slight change of plans.

First thing I wanted to let you know is, there is a new "subscribe" box in the colum to the left (if you don't see it but have the "hamburger" three lines icon click that to find it in the menu). The subscribe box is from feedburner so be sure to activate it when you get the confirmation email and add them to your safe list! You won't get spam, just notifications when a new post is made in this blog.  :-) Our trip starts tomorrow and I am hoping to post something each night (unless we are car camping somewhere with no cell service).

Second is not so happy news, Alfredo is going to stay home with his grandparents. He returned home from the (now ex) groomer a few weeks back without having his ears dried out, let alone cleaned up, causing him to get his first ever ear infection (seriously - he has never had one before and he is 9!). I'm not at all happy. He was scratching at his ear and broke the skin, so he is now wearing the cone of shame. :-( Poor guy. He was healing up and the infection is gone, but he is still scratching at the area and is stressed out from the infection, itching, and having to wear the cone to keep him from scratching it. Because of this, I decided not to try to have him travel with us this time so he isn't spending 7 days on the road in addition to all of the above.  He loves his Nonnie and Pa and I know they will take great care of him (translation- spoil him) while I'm gone and this is what is best for him, even though I will miss him (honestly he probably won't even care I'm gone with all the attention he will get from them).

Next our other change of plans- a good friend in Italy (hey Giorgio) asked if we would be close to Promontory and if we could snap a picture for him. It was not on our original route, but we are able to make a very minor change and add the stop! It actually looks pretty cool, so I'm glad he asked!

And the last thing is something to end on a happy note- my sister has a travel blog called Travel the World History that is fabulous; you should head over there and check out her take on the trip as well! She will not have details on EV road-tripping, but will focus on our stops and has a fun point of view and a lot of posts about her travels all over the world. She is full of great ideas and is also a travel agent if you are ever looking for assistance planning/booking a trip! 

Ok, I'm off for today, I've been hanging with dad (I'm posting while he is taking a nap) but I will see you guys again soon, happy Father's Day!


Be sure to subscribe to the blog (over in the column on the left) to get an email notification when I add a new post. You will need to confirm your email by clicking the link in a message from "feedburner." No spam involved, you should only get an email when a new post is made. :-)


For anyone interested in taking a ride or getting more info on Tesla's (or EVs in general) get in touch and I am happy to help. If you want to buy a Tesla, please use my referral code to get some fabulous bonuses- the program changes, but right now it is 1000 free miles of supercharging for each of us. Tesla Referral code: is valerie50080 or just click this link https://ts.la/valerie50080

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3- Grand Canyon and Vegas hotel

Final numbers

Day 6- Volcano & camping in the mountains